-->

Friday, August 30, 2013

Better half



My blog posts are sinking faster than a Patton tank in the Potomac,” I said to my wife.

“What is Patton?” she asked.

“Patton was a World War II American military general and there was an attack tank named after him. We used to hear about it during the Indo-Pak war,” I replied.

“Very clever. Shows how old you are. What’s your point?”

“My blog is not taking off. Nobody is reading.”

“Well, there you have it. You write things people don’t relate to and write in a way that nobody understands. What do you expect?”

“Narmada… Narmada… can’t you hear when I call you? Come over here. What do you think about this? Read this and tell me.”

“I have diffeq homework.”

“Read this and tell me.”

“Geez ...”

[After 20 minutes …]

“Are you done?”

“Just about.”

“What do you think?”

“It has some dry humor.”

“What do you mean?”

You think it is funny, but …”

“I told you,” my wife interjected, “you think it is funny but others don’t because they don’t go beyond the first paragraph.”

“I am leaving,” said Narmada.

“What do you recommend I do?” I asked my wife.

“Try writing simple sentences and about things people care about. You also need to spruce up your blog: Tweak the layout, add some share buttons, increase the font size, and insert a link to your moribund google+ account. Perhaps a tankful of badayis can rise up.”